
My husband snores, coughs, and does the hokey-pokey in bed. That leads to insomnia - not his, mine!!
Recent research confirms what humans have suspected for at least 40,000 years - little sleep - little self control.
I have definitely noticed that when I am tired I am far more likely to overeat. All my will power takes a nap and I am left to the torments of my devils and demons. They come out of everywhere telling me sad stories that justify why I should eat, or explaining that tomorrow is a much better day to watch what I eat. With my will power no where to be found, I find myself sitting down and gorging.
The next day I wake with recriminations and recommitments. I will be strong I say as I swat a remaining demon away. But it does nothing for my confidence when half way through my day - my will power is already yawning.
Last night was a great night. I slept like a tired dog on a hot afternoon. I woke refreshed and with my will power lifting weights. And best of all - I weighed in at 131!
Then another demon scurried under my feet laughing, whispering that I should celebrate my success with a favorite treat.
"Out you demons of the ever increasing waist-line. There will be no celebrations! My will power will knock you right on to your smug behind!"
And then I looked sternly at my will power and said, "No yawning!"
Recent research confirms what humans have suspected for at least 40,000 years - little sleep - little self control.
I have definitely noticed that when I am tired I am far more likely to overeat. All my will power takes a nap and I am left to the torments of my devils and demons. They come out of everywhere telling me sad stories that justify why I should eat, or explaining that tomorrow is a much better day to watch what I eat. With my will power no where to be found, I find myself sitting down and gorging.
The next day I wake with recriminations and recommitments. I will be strong I say as I swat a remaining demon away. But it does nothing for my confidence when half way through my day - my will power is already yawning.
Last night was a great night. I slept like a tired dog on a hot afternoon. I woke refreshed and with my will power lifting weights. And best of all - I weighed in at 131!
Then another demon scurried under my feet laughing, whispering that I should celebrate my success with a favorite treat.
"Out you demons of the ever increasing waist-line. There will be no celebrations! My will power will knock you right on to your smug behind!"
And then I looked sternly at my will power and said, "No yawning!"
No comments:
Post a Comment