Four years ago I lost a lot of weight. I loved it. Over the last four years the weight has slowly crept, snuck, and seeped into my body. The explanation is easy. I over eat and under exercise. My daily habits fall apart each weekend and sometimes during the week if I am tired or not feeling well.Here are my eating and exercise habits that I embrace:
I eat 200 calories for breakfast. This includes nuts and soymilk.
I drink a healthy tea twice a day. This is 100 calories.
I eat a snack of fruit and yogurt. This is 150 calories.
I eat a healthy lunch of whole grains. this is 400 calories.
I drink a healthy kumbucha tea of 35 calories.
I eat a light dinner of 400 calories.
This is a total of 1285 calories a day. (If any of you think this is not enough - I am 52, 5'4" and this gets me to 120lbs which is considered a healthy weight for me.)
I rise at 5:00 a.m.
I walk briskly each weekday morning for 30 minutes.
I meditate each weekday for 30 minutes.
I run 5.5 miles (twice) on the weekends.
I do a meditative movement stretch and strength three times a week. (I developed this - it is a combination of yoga, dance, and other stuff I made up.)
So there you have it. I am starting tomorrow and I will keep you posted on my progress. I would love to hear your thoughts and have you join me.
It sounds good. I always want to do almost exactly the same thing and then blow it. I really need to change my eating habits and start walking again. I am tired of being fat!!! I will read your blog religiously and see if you can inspire me, you have so far. Tobi
ReplyDeleteYes - I want to wear what I want and feel good and energetic. I struggle with feeling tired.
ReplyDelete