Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I am brilliant in the shower!

When no one is around I am at my best. On my long walks I imagine myself witty, funny, reassuring and wise. At times I laugh out loud at my clever remarks and then look around sheepishly to make sure no one is within earshot.

Driving home from work I get lost in my thoughts. I am profound writer, speaker and political analyst.

But I am at my best in the small, humid world created by the warm spray of the water, the hum of the fan that is losing the moisture battle and surrounded by my curtain. As I go through my daily routine I sing, compose poems, write dramatic plays and am a catalyst for happiness, prosperity and world peace. Of course!

But beyond the safe curtain of my shower I rarely dream so voraciously. In the real world I temper my hopes with discretion lest I be laughed at, tease, ridiculed or simply looked at as another pathetic person who lives in a dream world.

And why not live in a dream world. No one laughs at me in the shower and I am always brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment