I woke up this morning and showered and dressed. For two days I stayed in bed and in my sleeping wear.I figured this was an important step.
Last night I woke in pain. My middle back (muscles) were aching, I had stomach cramps and since I was not going to be sleeping I decided to do some more research on what ails me. One thing for certain - fish oil is good for the heart. Today I went and bought wild salmon and made a healthy salad. Spinach, avocado, red pepper, onion, shittake mushrooms, and olive oil. It was a nourishing lunch and nothing makes me feel quite as good as a nutritious meal.
Next I did light exercise. When I read about bouts of exhaustion the articles say to exercise light and focus on stretching. I think my six mile run did me in. I was already so tired and I was hopeful that exercise would reduce stress and invigorate my body - but instead I was worn out and I slept for hours.
As I work my way back to full energy I am doing light stretching and easy walking. At least tomorrow. Today I stretched. I feel like I did a full blown workout.
I think I am suffering from stress. While I realize that I have many reasons to be so stressed, I also know that I can manage it much better. I am ready books on zen Buddhism and meditation and it is such a peaceful and stess free approach to living life.
My life has not turned out to be very stress free. My husband has been unemployed since May when he was laid off. I am a support system for my four children, and I worry about money. I can get overly involved in caring about politics.
I really want to make a difference, but I have not figured out exactly how to do that at this point. I think I do through my trainings and my coaching at work - but there is more I want to do.
I want to help women find success in their careers and women throughout the world to have a chance for a healthy, happy life.
I want people here to care about each other. We should not have to fight so hard to justify health care for all. I don't understand the animosity. The immense hatred that is expressed at that notion.
I want education to be our priority instead of world domination. I want children to have food and fresh water. And I want to somehow play a role. Somehow.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment